THE WEEKEND POST: AMSTERDAM

April 23, 2016





My favorite type of dates is definitely a day date. The times where we just get into the car and drive somewhere fun to spend the day and enjoy the wondrous things that place has to offer. A good thing about the Netherlands is that so many things are close by. Just an hour drive and you find yourself smack in the middle of one of Europe’s prettiest cities; Amsterdam. Which is exactly where we went this Saturday.

We started early in the morning with a little road trip. I’m probably the worst person to take along on roadtrips because I sing along with everything, loudly and badly. I really wanted to see the Catwalk exposition at the Rijksmuseum. This is a gorgeous exposition on fashion throughout the ages starting from 1625 to a 1960s Yves Saint Laurent mini dress. It’s still on until may 16th, so if you have the chance to see it I really recommend a visit. Of course you can’t visit the Netherlands’ best museum without a walk through the Honour Gallery to see The Night Watch and other masterpieces. And I may have had some fun in the medieval wing providing modern comments to really old pieces of art.

After our little cultural outing we were feeling peckish and started our walk to the Leidsegracht. I really wanted to eat at CafĂ© George because I had heard many great reviews of this place. Walking in you could immediately see why this is a  favourite among bloggers. Pretty marble tables, mosaic floors and subway tile walls. I really dig the aesthetic of the place. I ordered eggs benedict and the mister had a goat’s cheese baguette. Both were very tasty and looked great.

We filled the rest of our day wandering around looking at the abundance of stores our nation’s capital has to offer. I was on the hunt for the perfect white t-shirt to strengthen my capsule wardrobe with, but ended up buying a nice graphic tee from Stradivarius. Who doesn’t need a cool graphic tee to brighten up a closet full of basics, so I’ll just chalk it up to one of the five buys I’m allowed to make during this season.

I don’t do days out without at least one sugary treat and with the sun making a sporadic appearance to warm us we decided it was the perfect time for ice cream. My first gelato of the year, many more to follow, I am sure.

Before we knew it we had reached the end of the day so sadly it was time to head back to the car for a road trip home. Content but tired we returned to our town just an hour away from the beautiful bustling city that is Amsterdam. I for one can’t wait to return.



6 comments on "THE WEEKEND POST: AMSTERDAM"
  1. You're so lucky that you can drive to Amsterdam!! Great photos, sounds like you had an amazing time. Would love if you could check out my recent post? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Amsterdam looks awesome. Sounds like you had a lot of fun :)

    Enclothed Cognition/Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely and now I want ice-cream :D

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like so much fun! Loving your snaps.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful. Looks like an amazing place x
    http://christbelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly! Absolutely beautiful photos as always

    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete