FIVE GOOD THINGS

May 10, 2016



As we are slowly but surely getting deeper into May the weather finally seems to turning around. The previous week was drenched in sunshine and I felt like I needed to take my time and enjoy it so I let loose and had an amazing week. But now it's time to get back into blogging, but not without first telling you about the five good things that made me smile last week.

1. May 5th was the Dutch liberation day. We celebrate being liberated from the Nazi regime in 1945. With the sun beating down on my head and warming my heart I danced the day away with some of my favourite people in the world. My home town had organised a party in a park by the canal and it was so lovely. Sunshine just seems to bring out the best in people.

2. The mister played a tournament with his team last weekend so I finally got to meet some of the people that live on the other side of Europe he's always talking to. It was so lovely meeting new people and getting to know them while enjoying great food and colourful drinks at one of my favourite spots in my city. Can't wait to see them again soon.

3. I got my ticket to a large music festival yesterday. Last year my entire summer was about music festivals, I had the most amazing time travelling all over the country and dancing for hours. This one will be happening at the end of May and it is the first large one, for me it's like the starting block of summer.

4. Now that it's heating up outside I'm putting more effort in achieving that all over glow, especially when I wake up looking a little sallow after one too many cocktails consumed at a party. I've been using the Origins GinZing Refreshing Face Mask about once a week the last month. It's such a refreshing gel formula that really gives my skin a boost when it needs it. I've been trying to get the mister to use it as well, but so far, no bite.

5. Last Sunday was Mother's Day and the mercury in the thermometer reached all the way up to 27 degrees, which made me a very (sweaty) happy camper. We went for a little drive and ended up at Radio Kootwijk. This is an old transmitter built by the Dutch government to transmit to the Dutch Indies, now it's been 'given back to nature' and sits in the middle of some beautiful nature. We walked around for a bit until the sun and heat got too much which led to us getting a refreshing ice cream cone.

What's been going on with you guys?
2 comments on "FIVE GOOD THINGS "
  1. That's so cool that you have the liberation day on the 5th :) For us (Norway) it's May 8th, and the 17th is our national day <3
    Im excited to eat ice cream on th 17th it's a tradition !

    Hope you have fun at the concert !
    xo
    http://style-hue.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the GinZing Moisturiser, I really need to try the mask xx

    ReplyDelete