(HANGOVER) HYDRATION HEROES

May 13, 2016


It's Eurovision week, which means most our nights are spent looking at horrible acts with cheesy songs, consuming a little more wine than I should and being a little too critical about people's costume choices. Just like last Tuesday, when a friend and I met up in Utrecht, got a bottle of merlot (each, let's be honest here) and watched our country's Dutch crooner Douwe Bob wink his way into the finale.

But the next day I woke up with purple lips, the only thing about red wine I don't like, and less than glowing skin. It was a short night and my body had been busier fighting the alcohol than working to wake me with hydrated, radiant skin. But luckily I have an arsenal of products ready to get back my glow.

First I cleanse with Mario Badescu's Enzyme Cleansing Gel. This cleanser is very gentle and doesn't foam, but it does contain alpha hydroxy acids that slough away dead skin cells which may be making you look sallow and grey. I really love it because it doesn't make my dry, dehydrated skin feel tight or uncomfortable. Especially when I have already been bad to my skin by consuming so much wine, I need all the help I can get.

After cleansing I take Caudalie's Eau de Beauté and spritz that all over my face. This stuff is great for that redness that seems to pop even more when you're looking less than fresh, I can clearly see the redness diminishing after using this. It will give your skin a boost of radiance, feel refreshing and the scent is something to get used to, but I really feel like it perks me up. I feel and look much more rested after using this.

Next up is a much needed hydration boost. We all know that alcohol really dries you out, that's why it also causes those pesky headaches and the sandpaper mouth after consuming way too much. So an hydration infusing mask is really needed the morning after. I don't like waiting forever for a mask to dry after which I need to wash it off, that's why the La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Masque is so perfect. I tend to pick mine up when I'm in France, but it's also available on sites like Feel Unique. This gel like formula is really cool and soothing on the skin and really packs a punch of hydration. Just leave it on and tissue off the excess, no need to cleanse again. But if you're anything like me, your skin will definitely be needing the moisture and there will be no product left to tissue off.

And that's it, just three simple products that are easily available and pretty affordable that help my skin get back to normal after I went a little crazy. What type of products do you use for that hangover rescue attempt?
11 comments on "(HANGOVER) HYDRATION HEROES"
  1. Hahah, have to keep these in mind next time I'm suffering from a hangover!

    <3: Jasmin N
    littlethingswithjassy.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea for a post! I love a vitamin C facial mist the morning after a big night. Refreshing, smells good and it seems to give my skin the boost it needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My skin can't do without face mists in summer. I love to spritz my face with thermal spring water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate hangovers, and I do everything I can not to drink too much, but sometimes it just happens. Usually I get sick in the morning and then I look like a very pale and overtly tired zombie. This is amazing! I'm going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips. My skin gets so dry in the winter it's unbelievable, but it's still fairly oily in the summer. I like the sound of the Mario Badescu cleanser because I can always use exfoliation. Mario Badescu brands are widely available in the US. I like Aveeno moisturizer because my skin is sensitive and it doesn't cause a bad reaction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice tips for hangovers. I sure will try Caudalie's Eau de Beauté, this i really need to refresh my face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWw great tips! Will definitely take note of this. Good thing we're not staying up late anymore. ;) And oh, I love Aveeno moisturizer. <3

    Caren | carenshope.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mario Badescu is a new cosmetics brand to me but it looks really good and usefull. I have to check if it is possible to buy it in Czech rep.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally get those Eurovision night feels. Will have to try this out x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the hydration infusing mask that you don't need to waste time waiting for it to work just to cleanse it off. I think I need to give this one try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always been wondering about the Mario Badescu skin care!

    ReplyDelete