STYLE DIARY: DOCKSIDE

May 19, 2016


Trousers: Mango | Striped shirt: H&M | Leather jacket: Zara | Bag: Zara | Shoes: Adidas Stan Smith



Pictures by Maurice ten Teye

 I could have very well titled this post uniform, because right now you're looking at my go to outfit. There is something about these cropped trousers that makes me feel incredibly chic when wearing them, they're indispensable in my capsule wardrobe, no matter the season. I feel more mature and more at place in the adult world. After quitting school and deciding to take a break until I really knew what I wanted to do, I finally felt more comfortable expressing my personal style rather than trying to fit in with the rest of my surroundings.

These pictures were taken in Deventer when the mister and I were exploring there last weekend. I've really got myself a good egg here because he feels totally at ease with me asking him to take tons of pictures of me holding my jacket in different ways or me telling him how to angle the camera to capture my gorgeous orange bag just so. Let's just say he's much more at ease than I am, I feel kind of awkward posing in a public place. But I really want to post more style related things so I'll just have to deal with it and I'm sure I'll grow into it eventually.

What's your go to outfit/uniform? I'm curious to find out!



30 comments on "STYLE DIARY: DOCKSIDE"
  1. I love items that boost my self-esteem. You look great!

    http://charlottesjusdal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Charlotte, they're the best aren't they?

      Delete
  2. loving the minimalism. that bag is a nice touch of color as well.

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Yuka. Minimalism is my favourite fashion style!

      Delete
  3. Love this outfit so much!! Definitely my kinda style~

    Enclothed Cognition/Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keri, that means a lot!

      Delete
  4. Great images!
    P.S. Love the bag
    Alexandra ~ ArtMandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexandra, I absolutely love the bag. I just want to wear it all the time, it's such a great pop of colour.

      Delete
  5. Really like your bag and your pants ! :) Great photos !
    Steffie
    http://getitgirlweb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this style! And that jacket is everything! Have a great weekend!
    www.monalisas.no

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I absolutely love this jacket, it was a great investment.

      Delete
  7. My go to uniform is probably jeans, a shirt and some kind of a coat- I almost feel like coats act as my suit of armour because I always feel more confident when I have one on.

    Love those cropped trousers on you, I can see why you love them so much!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds very comfortable, I wear a lot of dark jeans as well, but these loose trousers feel even lovelier.

      Delete
  8. I'm super obsessed with stripes at the moment and this outfit is absolutely gorgeous!

    <3: Jasmin N
    Little Things With Jassy
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmin, striped shirts just make everything look more chic, don't you think?

      Delete
  9. Your orange bag is adorable. Props to you for taking some time off to figure out what you want. :) I never had that opportunity. My go to outfit is a breathable skirt, Keds, and a colorful top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love this orange little thing. Yeah it was a tough decision, but it's the right one. That outfit sounds lovely and comfortable!

      Delete
  10. You look super. When i stay at home, my go to outfit is gym clothes (comfy), when I'm heading out to the shops it's jeans and a white top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I love wearing workout gear, even though you can probably count the amount of times I work out in a year on one hand. Strutting around in crazy printed yoga pants is the best!

      Delete
  11. Oh your outfit is great! I love how comfortable and yet chic it looks and I feel like it would be absolutely perfect for a touristy day as it's both practical for strolling around but also nice enough to go out for dinner without having to change!

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerstin! It is, isn't it? It's comfy yet dressy, but not too much so you feel overdressed just wandering around.

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous in this look
    Love the bag, is adorable

    >> http://joandcompanystyle.blogspot.pt/ <<

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's such a cute little French girl outfit! I love the orange bag too! For me, my go to outfit is any fit and flare dress. My style inspiration is always Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. I basically want all her clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoey always looks super cute, so that's a great style inspiration to have!

      Delete
  14. wow what a great bag ! it goes perfectly :)

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved the pop of colour with the monochrome of the rest of the look.

      Delete