FIVE FAVOURITES

June 14, 2016


It's been a little over a month since I opened up this blog again with it's whole new look and brand new content. I'm quite pleased with how it's going, though I do feel like I need to work on putting out a steady flow of content, rather than a post here and there. I want to establish some sort of schedule so that you lovely readers also know when you can count on something new from me. It's been quiet on here last week so to start up again I thought I would talk to you about some of my latest favourite things. 

Exactly three weeks from today I will be on holiday in sunny Croatia, it's my first trip with the mister and I could not be more excited. His parents have been on holiday in the South of France for the last two weeks so we had a bit of a taste what living together would be like and it's been amazing. I've been stocking up on summer supplies the last couple of weeks and one of the things I purchased with Croatia in mind is a high protection facial SPF. During my last holiday I also used the La Roche Posay Anthelios XL, but in the tinted version. I really liked how light it felt on my skin but protected it from sun damage at the same time, the only thing I didn't like was the tint. So this year I've opted for the regular version and have been using it every time I go out into the bright sun. 

I've been putting more thought and effort into my skin care routine and have added the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with avocado to my nighttime regime. For a long time I was of the opinion that I was too young for an eye cream. But preventing is always better than curing so with that in mind I have been patting this on religiously before I go to bed. I love the way it hydrates my under eye area, concealer now goes on and stays on much better. 

At work a couple of colleagues and I have challenged ourselves not to have any soda or unhealthy snacks for an entire month. I can tell you now it's been pretty hard. Not the soda bit, because I am just as pleased drinking sparkling or still water, but the snacking has proven to be difficult. Especially when the mister and I settle down for some tv or gaming or when there are slow moments at work. To curb the craving for sweets I went into the store to look for something I could eat during the day that wouldn't be so bad for me and I wound up buying a few different kind of Nakd Bars. These bars are made of fruit and nuts smushed together and nothing else. There's no added sugars, preservatives or other bad stuff. They're also dairy free which is good because I've been trying to cut out dairy (more on that later). The cashew cookie on is extremely tasting and I definitely know that I'll keep these in my diet even after the challenge is finished. 

I added a new pair of shoes to my wardrobe because I absolutely fell in love with them when I saw them in store. These sandals have the perfect heel height. They add just a bit of length but are never uncomfortable or difficult to wear. With the outfits I plan to bring on my trip in mind I think these shoes are the perfect multi tasking pair to bring as my heel option. Plus because they're from H&M they are affordable as well.

Last but not least is this seemingly bright lippie from Rimmel. It's one of the moisture renew sheer and shine ones. These are new to the Netherlands and I had such a hard time choosing a shade. I ended going for the one called Pink Rules. It looks so bright in the tube but when you apply it it's the perfect pop of pink on your lips. I never thought I would go for such a sheer formula, because I'm a matte lipstick girl at heart. But this is just perfect for spring and my lighter hair colour. 

And that's it for some of my current favourite items, do you have any things you can't get enough of at the moment?

2 comments on "FIVE FAVOURITES"
  1. The Kiehl's avo eye cream is something I am never not obsessed with!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Nakd bars. My favourites are the Bakewell Tart and Banana Bread flavours xx

    ReplyDelete