MY HOLIDAY MAKEUP BAG

June 20, 2016


It's been a while since I went away on a real summer holiday, so you can bet your bottom dollar that I'm stressing my ass off preparing. I'm trying to pack light, bring a capsule makeup collection so to speak. I do want to bring a little more than my every day look as it's my first holiday away with the mister and I want to put in a little more effort than usual.

I've picked a number of base items to bring with me. Lightweight is definitely a key word for me, so the Dior Nude Skin BB Cream is the perfect pick for me. In my opinion it looks best when smoothed on with fingers because it melts the product into the skin. It provides light coverage, just making the skin look smooth and even without hiding it. My freckles still show through this. To cover up hardier imperfections I'm bringing the Clarins Instant Concealer. Mentioned before in my go to makeup items, this stuff does a great job but never looks cakey or too thick. To add some warmth to my complexion I use the Chanel Les Beiges in the shade 40.

Highlighter is probably my favourite makeup product ever and you know I can't go on a trip without the dreamy RMS Living Luminizer. This stuff is so pretty, I'm not too sure how the oil based formula will perform in the hot Croatian climate, but I'll make sure to keep it out of the sun and skip it during the day.

The above pictured blush might look a little daunting, but Voile Pink from & Other Stories is arguably my all time favourite cheek colour. It requires the lightest of hands when applying but it just looks so lovely. I can't imagine not having it in my makeup collection.

To fill in my brows I have the Smashbox Brow Tech Shaping powder. This is an ingenious little item, the powder is amazing and still looks natural and it comes with its own little precise applicator. I want to tell you about it in more detail but I'll reserve that for some other time.

A thin, easy to use black eyeliner is always a musthave in a downsized collection. This one is from Catrice and incredibly affordable priced under five euros. Of course I'll never go anywhere without a good mascara and the Pupa Vamp is still my go to. This holds curls extremely well while thickening and lengthening my lashes at the same time. This one is close to running out so I might get myself a brand spanking new one before I leave.

Last but not least are my two lip options. A classic matte red is from MAC, the iconic shade Ruby Woo. For a lighter, more natural sheer tint of colour is the Rimmel Moisture Renew Sheer and Shine in Pink Rules. This last part is actually still the part I'm most unsure about, I feel like I might need to take a less bright option, but I do want something sheer and lightweight. Do you have any recommendations for a good summer lipstick?

I'm so incredibly excited for this trip I can't wait to show you all about it.
15 comments on "MY HOLIDAY MAKEUP BAG"
  1. I love the quote in that blush - such a cute detail!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is right, I love the blushes from & Other Stories, definitely my kind of aesthetic.

      Delete
  2. I need that RMS Luminizer as it doesn't get hot here and that's my excuse haha! x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally get that! It's well worth the money and it will last you ages, not like I'm trying to enable you or anything..

      Delete
  3. a light base is a must for a holiday. i use the bareminerals complexion rescue and i love it.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices! You can't go wrong with Ruby Woo xx
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really the perfect red, isn't it?

      Delete
  5. Amazing products! Those lipsticks are beautiful!

    Bella x
    https://bellasfashionjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Isabel! They're so pretty right, kind of want to pack even more of them..

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. Can't wait to hear about Croatia, I have never tried Ruby Woo from MAC. I always shy away from red lipsticks. Great post, followed! Xx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Ruby Woo is great, it's in my opinion the best matte red out there, it stays put so well. I'll be talking all about my adventures in Croatia soon. Thanks for the follow, hope you enjoy your stay ;)

      Delete
  7. Amazing products. I love everything from Vhanel and Ruby Woo is one of my fave lipsticks ever!
    xx Fiona THEDASHINGRIDER.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona! Chanel is lovely, isn't it? And Ruby Woo will probably be my all time favourite lipstick, hands down!

      Delete