WHAT'S IN MY HAND LUGGAGE

July 05, 2016




By the time you're reading this I'm flying at about 35000 ft high across Europe, I'm on my way to Dubrovnik, Croatia for a marvellous ten days in the sun. We've rented an airbnb with a breathtaking view and I can guarantee many a cocktail will be consumed. This time around I have put a lot of thought and preparation into packing (I have about ten versions of checklists sitting in a folder on my laptop) and thought I would share what I am packing inside my hand luggage. But let's be honest about it, I just really wanted to do some more flatlays.

HANDBAG: ZARA | MASCARA: CHANEL | COMPACT POWDER: CHANEL
HYDRATING MASK: KIEHL'S | LASH CURLER: TWEEZERMAN
SNACK: UNSALTED NUTS | PHONE: IPHONE 6S | EARPHONES: APPLE | 
REFRESHING MIST: LA ROCHE POSAY | LIP BUTTER: KORRES
HAND CREAM: & OTHER STORIES | SUNGLASSES: RAY BAN

The flight from Amsterdam to Dubrovnik isn't incredibly long, so there is no need for me to bring a lot of skincare products to preserve my already dry skin during the flight. I've decided on just a refreshing mist and normally I would decant a little of the Origins Drink Up Intensive mask to bring along with me, but I still had tons of samples lying around from my recent visit to Kiehl's that I didn't want to fuss and just tossed that little sachet into my bag. I'll apply this after takeoff to make sure my skin stays nice and hydrated even in the dry cabin air. Do us girls really go anywhere without a lip balm chucked into our bag? I don't think so, so of course that is making an appearance in my hand luggage as well. 

I'll be going onto the plane without any makeup on (it's an early morning flight) but I am planning to apply a little once we get to our final destination, so just a lash curler and a good mascara will suffice. I've packed the compact powder mostly for it's mirror but perhaps I'll use just a light sweep of it to even my skintone just a smidge.

I've also packed my iPad for in-flight entertainment (I'll tell you all about the books I am reading soon) and my phone is permanently glued to my hand so you can be sure I'm bringing that. I've stopped drinking soda and snacking on sweets or crisps but do occasionally get peckish, especially when travelling. I love these little bags of assorted nuts, they're incredibly tasty and filling but without the sodium that will make you thirsty. Airplane peanuts step aside, I've got my own snacks.

Besides the usual travel necessities like passports and tickets I like to carry a small sized notebook with me, you never know when inspiration strikes or you find something you want to jot down. Summer has been pretty non-existent the last month in the Netherlands but I'll surely be needing my sunglasses upon arrival, these gold ones from Ray Ban are my absolute fave. These unfortunately aren't prescription so let's hope I won't have to do any navigating because when I wear them I can't discern anything!

I can't wait to live the adventures we have planned for this trip. Are you going away this summer? Or what is your favourite travel destination

7 comments on "WHAT'S IN MY HAND LUGGAGE"
  1. I really want to travel to Croatia soon! So much travel envy over here! I'm really awful at remembering to pack skincare products for in-flight use, but my kindle and a pack of cards for when things get really tedious) are always present in my hand luggage! I love bringing a blanket for longer flights as well - it really helps you get some extra zzzz

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Packing cards or entertainment really sounds like a good idea, luckily my flight wasn't incredibly long so a simple book on my iPad was enough. From what I've seen so far, Croatia is absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to show you more about it soon!

      Delete
  2. Lovely post! A good hydrating mist is always a must for me, whenever I travel! Hope you have an amazing time in Croatia!

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly! Let me just start by saying that I love these pictures, I think it is because of the pink. I'm going to Prague with my boyfriend next week and my flight will be short too. I'm flying very early in the morning, 7.30, so I will follow what you did and won't wear makeup (also because I'll have to wake up at 4.30!) :) I hope you are having a wonderful time in Croatia and look forward to knowing what your current reads are.

    Silvia
    www.theskincabinet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silvia, I've put some more effort into my photography and have some new ideas for backgrounds, I'm quite proud of this shot as well.

      Lucky you! Prague is so beautiful (I went last September). Waking up that early is horrible isn't it? Croatia is wonderful so far but I can't wait to get back to return to blogging regularly.

      Delete