THE NO SPENDING CHALLENGE

August 01, 2016


I'll be the first to admit that I spend an exorbitant amount of my income on clothing and beauty items that I don't need. Probably a little too much to be honest. Scratch the probably, because it's a definitely. That's something I want to change. Being financially fit and stable is important, especially if you're like me and you're preparing to move out from under your parental wings sooner rather than later.

To ween myself off of this spending habit I have decided to place myself under a strict spending ban. Starting today going to up October 1st I am not allowed to spend any money on clothing, accessories and beauty items. I'm setting budgets for 'entertainment expenses' for the events that I had already planned for the months to come and necessary expenses (school supplies are needed to start the new year) so that I can keep track of what is coming in and going out of my account. I need to get a grip on budgets and not just keep going and going until my card says no. 

I think that by not spending anything on fashion and beauty for a month I can save quite bit of cash that I can then put towards my savings account. Plus it will be a great chance to 'shop my closet' and finish the abundance of makeup I have lying around untouched. I'm looking forward to diving into my closet and coming up with new ways to interpret what I already have on the shelves. 

I'll try to update you bi-weekly on how my personal challenge is going. I'm quite excited and nervous at the same time because now I have to really think about my actions all the time. It's quite shocking to realise how many times a day I think 'I want this, I think I could get it there and there'. Wish me luck this time around! How do you guys curb your spending?
1 comment on "THE NO SPENDING CHALLENGE"
  1. I'm in a no-spend month until October too! I'm currently writing up my experience in a post and found your blog while searching for inspo :)

    http://www.insearchofsheila.com

    ReplyDelete