THE WEEKEND POST: DAY AT THE BEACH

August 20, 2016









We're rapidly speeding towards the end of summers. A little more than a week from now most of us will be headed back to college or university, leaving the carefree days in the past and buckling down to our responsibilities. I'm actually kind of excited about school starting again. I'll be starting a new education and am quite curious to see what the year is going to offer me.

To put off the inevitable and find a way to spend our Saturday doing something else than lying around the house watching Grey's Anatomy, the boyfriend and I took a (loooooong) road trip to Wijk Aan Zee. This tiny village has one of the prettiest beaches in the Netherlands that aren't as overcrowded as the larger ones in The Hague. As you can see it's a really popular spot for wind-surfers and kite-boarders. The weather wasn't that great that we could lie out and sunbathe, but we could sit down at one of the beach bars and enjoy the sunshine and wind in our hair as we sipped on rosé wine.

The days where we just sit around and watch the people going by are high up on my list of favourite type of days. I don't necessarily need to have tons of activities when I'm out and about.

Towards the end of the day we headed to the beach club next door for dinner, a spot that my boyfriend had raved about before. The atmosphere was really chill and I really enjoyed watching the people wander in in their wetsuits ordering beers and chips and heading back to the beach to catch some more waves.

I had a lovely chicken and pumpkin curry that was incredibly filling and delicious. As the sun was making it's way back into the sea we walked back to the car through the dunes, all the while catching some Pokémon (yes, we're those kind of people) and chatting. On the highway going back home the sky turned a dark threatening shade and rain started to fall furiously, but we didn't mind, because our perfect day had already finished. So now for the rest of the night, and probably tomorrow too, we're spending time together at home. We've got to savour these last days of summer because it's back to hectic reality before we know it.

What have you been up to this weekend?
25 comments on "THE WEEKEND POST: DAY AT THE BEACH "
  1. Looks like such a nice place to hang out!

    Sarah | lavenderlife.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Very cosy and a nice atmosphere.

      Delete
  2. that beach looked wonderful, a great place to relax :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was! Especially with all the people hanging out on the water.

      Delete
  3. The pussy bar <3
    And it just sucks summer is almost over :(

    X, Alex
    www.lexpander.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaas, Alex I laughed so hard when I saw that. I'm pretty sure they used that mannequin as a booze luge..

      Delete
  4. your pictures look amazing girl! looks like a really great place to hang out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://anovembernight.wordpress.com/

      Delete
    2. Thanks! It was such a nice little bar to spend the day at.

      Delete
  5. Your day looks so wonderful! Oh how I miss hanging out by the beach 💙

    ~ Jasmin N
    littlethingswithjassy.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is better by the beach isn't it?

      Delete
  6. It is always so, so nice to be by the beach!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, I absolutely love it. Shame it's so far away :(

      Delete
  7. This looks absolutely gorgeous! ! Ree Love30

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am jealous:) You seems like having a very nice day :)
    Natasa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so lovely, I had the best of times.

      Delete
  9. Pussy Bar looks very interesting. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, I saw the little stand on the beach and it intrigued me. Plus the colours really worked in the picture! Sadly I didn't see it in use, I think they used the mannequin as a booze luge!

      Delete
  10. Great pictures!
    Pussy bar did get my attention haha!

    Thuymi @ www.AdventureFaktory.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I thought it looked cool but didn't actually see anyone using it, I'm pretty sure they use the mannequin as a keg or a booze luge.

      Delete
  11. This made me miss going to the beach.... I didn't have the chance to go for the last 3 years...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's horrible, the beach is such a nice place to be at, I hope you get to go soon!

      Delete