THINGS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT

September 16, 2016



Happy Friday, everyone! It’s been a while since I last sat down and took time to write things down on here. I’ve mentioned before how excited I was about going back to school, but when talking about that I seemed to have forgot how much work it is to juggle everything at once. I let this blog slip a little and it’s kind of stressing me out, kind of a paradox when you think that I use writing as an outlet that usually calms me down.

But I don’t like droning on about negative things, so instead I want to give it a positive twist as I am getting back into blogging at the moment. I'm adjusting to the changes in my life and finding new ways to do everything I want to do without having to let go of things. There are so many things to be glad and joyous about, so here are some things in my life that make me very happy.

01. Meeting new people that make me laugh on a daily basis
02. The memory of making and drinking Frosé (frozen rosé) a few weeks ago
03. Celebrating an anniversary with my partner in crime and love
04. Going to the opening of the Doctor Martens Utrecht store next week
05. Planning not one but two trips to Berlin in November
06. A gorgeous new laptop that’s going to make blogging even easier
07. The weather getting colder which makes wearing clothes that much more enjoyable
08. Pretty notebooks to scribble things in


09. The leftover pasta bake in the fridge (I'm salivating just thinking about it)
10. Learning new things at school
11. Brainstorming about new ideas for a possible YouTube channel with Alex
12. Tiny luxuries like a gorgeous new set of lingerie
13. Greek food with my partner in crime and love tonight
14. My parents on holiday in Turkey, which gives me the place all to myself
15. Cups of coffee in the morning
16. Knowing I won't have to set my alarm for two days in a row


When you stop and think about it there are so many things to be happy and positive about, aren’t there? So what are you happy about? I’d like to know!
21 comments on "THINGS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT"
  1. Love this. Simple but very truthful post. It's so easy to get ourselves in a negative spiral and sometimes all it truly takes not to fall in it is to stop, breathe, and think about the things we are grateful for. It's amazing how many things we are thankful for just by taking time to remember. I am happy I am alive, healthy, aware of my shortcomings, and have the chance to do better.

    All the best,

    xo
    LaKatwoman
    www.KatrinaJeanCarter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. And it is indeed very easy to dwell on the negative, but there will always be positive things as well. So I choose to focus on that!

      Delete
  2. Left over pasta bake is the best!!! Cheesy. Your pics are gorgeous and you have ever so much to be thankful for 😄 Ree love30

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was delicious, I savoured every bite of it!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous new laptop. That's enough to make ANY blogger happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, it's so lovely and new and shiny, I don't want to put it down!

      Delete
  4. Loved this one! So full with positivity :-)

    ~ Jasmin N
    Little Things With Jassy
    Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous of your trips to Berlin I want to go so badly! I also love Greek food! Sounds like a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah two trips in two weeks, I'm a lucky girl!

      Delete
  6. you are really enjoying.Wish to visit berlin someday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Berlin is gorgeous, I've been once before. You should definitely go if you get the chance someday!

      Delete
  7. I have always wanted to visit Berlin. I love the fact that you took a positive approach to everything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Berlin is such a beautiful modern city, a true recommendation!

      Delete
  8. Things to be happy about...#1 Summer should arrive in a few days or weeks - it should have been Summer already and i can't wait for it. # 2 listening to the radio at night when i'm in bed - i like to listen to stories #3 want's to paint my nails again something glittery this time okay it's also for a blog challenge a bit later this month, but it just gives me an extra reason to do my nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small luxuries like a fresh coat of nail polish really are lovely, I can really enjoy those as well! Also lucky you for summer starting, we're so close to winter over here!

      Delete
  9. Work hard on your ideas for your YT!! Good luck in your plans :)

    www.adventurefaktory.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We're really excited about it but need to finetune the details before we publish anything.

      Delete
  10. Eat, Sleep, Coffee & Blog (repeat).

    ReplyDelete